Usually teens spend most of the day time in classes. After school, they will complete their homework and will engage in other things. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, teens should do exercises at least 60 minutes in a day. Parents should encourage their teenage girls to do the exercises for their fitness. Let us look into detail about the workout plans for teenage girls and their benefits.
Benefits Of Workouts For Teenage Girls:
- Regular exercises and physical activity will help the teen girls to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Helps in controlling weight.
- Improves mental health by reducing the stress and risk of depression.
- Reduces the risk of heart problems.
- Helps the body to manage the sugar and insulin levels.
- Improves the functioning of the brain.
- Improves better sleep.
- Strengths the muscles and bones.
- Improves cardiovascular fitness.
- Helps in maintaining a healthy weight
- Improves mental health
Also Read: Teenage Hair Growth Tips
5 Best Workout Plans For Teenage Girls:
1) Jogging And Running:
Regular running and jogging for teenage girls will help in many ways.
- Initially, start with walking. Do at least for 30 minutes per session.
- Allow six weeks to build up a running.
- Next try to increase your jogging time each session, and alternate between walking and jogging.
- Try to drink plenty of water before, during and after the jogging and running.
- Do this minimum five days in a week.
- Apply sunscreen to exposed skin areas.
Also Read: Indoor Activities For Teens
- Begin with your chest on the ground.
- Stretch your feet toward your butt.
- Maintain a straight line from your knees to head.
- Here, the upper arm should be a 45° angle with the torso.
- Slowly stretch your hands to fully extend the elbows.
- Begin this workout by lying on your back and the knees bent.
- Keep your fingertips on the back of your ears.
- Lift your torso up close to your thighs.
- Lower your torso down to the floor, so you are back in the starting position.
- Do three sets in a day and each set 10-15 reps.
Also Read: Sleepover Games For Teens
4) Stability Ball Workout
- Lay with your chest on the stability ball.
- Keep hands on the ball at the sides of your chest.
- Keep your toes on the floor, stretch your legs straight.
- Push your body up until the arms are almost straight.
- Remember that you do not lock your elbows.
- Hold and balance for two seconds.
- Slowly return to the starting position and repeat.
5) Strength Training
- Warm up for 5 to 10 minutes before each session.
- If you are just beginning with the strength training exercises, start with pushups, squats and sit-ups.
- Workout with weights about three times in a week.
- Learn the correct technique to do this activity under the supervision of an expert.
Also Read: Party Games For Teens
Tips For A Safe Workout Plan For Teen Girls:
Here are some tips that help your teenage girl to have a safe and healthy workout routine.
- Initially can start with small exercises like taking stairs instead of elevator, walking while talking on phone or reading.
- Make the exercises more fun by listening to music.
- Try planning the workouts with family or friends, instead of doing alone.
- Always keep tracking the workouts you have done.
Also Read: Teenage Growth Spurts
Absence of physical movement could be a potential hazard factor for cardiovascular ailments and stoutness in the young ladies and young men. While normal physical action in immaturity helps in keeping up a solid and dynamic life later on. Working out improves your physical wellbeing as well as upgrades your psychological wellness.