Top 15 Food Ideas For 3, 4 And 5 Months Old baby
Is your three or four-month-old daughter or son not taking milk properly? Wondering if you can introduce any other food at this age? Milk is the most important food for a three to five-month-old baby. Breastfeeding or formula feeding, babies will show some symptoms like crying, putting fingers in mouth, etc. if they are hungry. However, if you wish to introduce any other food, consult your pediatrician and if they suggest any food ideas for 5 months baby, then you can proceed to introduce solid foods.
Is It OK to Start Solid Foods To My 5 Months Old Baby?
Few three to five-month-old babies are ready to eat solid foods, but few are really not. Check if your little one is ready for solids or not. If your baby is not ready, do not feed solids. As they are just three to five months old, it is recommended not to introduce solid foods at this age. Around six months is the age that babies need additional nutrition along with milk. If you observed the signs such as the opening mouth or putting fingers into the mouth after breastfeeding, still hungry after the breastfed or formula-fed, etc., your baby is ready for solids. If your pediatrician recommends any food Ideas For 5 Months baby, then try it.
Also Read: Food Options For 6 Months Babies
Top 5 foods For 3 Months Babies:
Here is the healthy food chart for a three-month-old baby.
- Breast Milk: Breast milk will provide all the required nutrition for your baby. It is recommended to breastfeed your infant baby at any time. Feed your baby six to eight times a day. They need a minimum of five to six ounces of milk at every time of feeding.
- Formula Milk: If you have a low milk supply, as a substitute for breast milk, feed formula milk. It is recommended to give 150 ml to 210 ml of formula milk every two to three hours. Consult your doctor to know how much formula milk to feed your baby. Do not give low fat or skim milk to your baby.
- Rice Cereal: You can mix a small amount of rice cereal with breast milk or formula milk. Try this food for your 3 months infant baby. If your baby has any allergies after this, do not continue. Once your baby tried this infant rice cereal, you can start giving purees or mashed fruits and vegetables.
- Apple: Consult your doctor and check if your infant baby can take an apple. If your doctor allows your baby to take an apple, make the apple puree and give it to him a very less quantity.
Also Read: How To Make Baby Skin Fair?
Apple Puree Recipe For Your Baby:
Apple, water, Breast milk for consistency, A small pressure cooker or food steamer, steel bowl.
How To Make:
- Apple must wash properly.
- Remove the skin and cut it into small pieces.
- Take some water into the pressure cooker.
- Take the apple slices into the steel bowl and cover it with a plate.
- Cook it for 15 minutes. And blend it until it is soft.
How To Give:
The first day, just give a little amount of apple and see if your infant is liking it or not. Also, observe if he has any intolerance or digestion problem. If your baby is not finding any difficulties to digest the food, second you can start giving 1-2 tablespoons. The third day, 1-2 tablespoons twice a day. Do not give so much on the first day itself. Gradually you increase the quantity.
Also Read: Foods To Increase Breast Milk
Top 10 Foods For 4 to 5 Months Babies:
Along with milk, apple, rice cereal, cheese, and yogurt, you can try the below-given foods for your four-month-old baby. But, until six months of age, whatever the new food you introduce, check with your pediatrician.
- Soft And Mashed Banana: If your baby is able to sit up properly, you can feed soft and mashed bananas. Unlike other fruits, bananas can be given uncooked.
- Cooked And Pureed Fruits: If your pediatrician instructs you to feed fruits, then apple is a great food to introduce. Do not give raw apples. Remove the skin and boil it until it is very soft.
Also Read: Breast Feeding vs. Formula Milk
- Steamed And Pureed Vegetables: If you have already started with fruits and your baby do not have any indigestion problems, you can start giving steamed or boiled vegetables. Make the puree with fresh vegetables.
- Skin Removed Watermelon Pieces: If your doctor allowed you to give fruits to your baby, then you can give skin removed and seedless watermelon pieces.
- Cereal: As four months is too early to start solid foods, consult your doctor before starting it. If your doctor instructed to give your four months baby to have cereals, make sure it is mixed thinly in the bottle.
- Cheese And Yoghurt: Consult your pediatrician and check if your baby can start eating cheese and yogurt. If it can be given, you can feed plain, unsweetened yogurt and a small number of cheese cubes.
Also Read: Baby Formula Feeding Chart
Foods To Avoid For Your Baby:
Here are some foods that you should not give to your three to four months old baby.
- There is no need to add salt or sugar foods to a baby’s food at this age.
- At this age, avoid offering juices or soft drinks.
- Do not give honey to your baby until 12 months.
- Avoid any juices at three or four months of age-old babies.
- Do not give your three to four months babies any solid foods, if they are not sitting upright. Start giving solids, only if they sit up with good head control.
Also Read: Food Options For 12 Months Babies
Breastfeed is the only safe and nutritional food for babies who are below six months of age. Your baby will get all the required nutrients with breast milk. If you are concerned that you have a low breast milk supply, then you can start giving formula milk by consulting the pediatrician. Also, check if you can give solids and what are the best food ideas for 5 months baby.