Breastfeeding or formula milk? Which is the best one for your baby? Wondering what to give for your baby? Choosing between Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding is a big thing for expectant and new mothers. Read this article to know the interesting information about breastfeeding vs formula milk.
Breast Feeding For Babies:
According to AAP, breastfeeding babies can be better able to regulate their own feeding by eating to demand. Breastfeeding your baby benefits your baby and you. Your baby will have benefits like preventing ear infections, bacterial infections, viral infections, and diarrhea, etc.
Breastfeeding mothers also have benefits like they tend to lose weight more quickly. Hormones released while feeding, help to get the uterus to normal size. Research suggests that it may help to protect from some cancers and diabetes. Health organizations like the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), the American Medical Association (AMA), and the World Health Organization (WHO) recommend breastfeeding as the best choice for babies.
Also Read: Best Foods To Increase Breast Milk
Formula Milk For Babies:
Formula milk is the best possible alternative for breast milk. This can be fed by anyone at any time. Your husband can help you at night times or your babysitter at daycare can feed if your baby is formula-fed. This way scheduling can be easier for you. You do not have to worry about what to eat or what not to eat. But remember, you should not make your own formula milk for your baby or do not feed cow’s milk.
Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding:
Nursing is a wonderful experience for both mom and baby. Mother and baby will have the special bonding
- Breastfeeding babies have fewer digestion issues as compared to formula-feeding babies. Formula-fed infants cannot digest as breastfed infants quickly. So if your baby is on formula milk, do not give it more often.
- Breastfeeding can help your baby preventing allergies, some infections, and chronic conditions.
- Breastfeeding moms have to avoid certain foods which their baby cannot digest or to avoid intolerance. Whereas moms who choose formula, do not have to worry about what to eat or what not to eat.
- Breastfeeding moms can have the advantage of losing weight more quickly as compared to the mothers who chose the formula.
- Breastfeeding mothers should not have alcohol or should not smoke.
- Breast Milk is always fresh and available wherever you are. Whereas for formula, you have to run to the store and make sure if that is fresh or not.
- Some studies say that children who have breastfed will have slightly higher IQs than formula-fed kids.
- Since breastfeeding moms need extra calories, they need to eat a variety of foods. So your infant will have different tastes.
- Breastfeeding mothers initially feel uncomfortable and latch on pain.
- For breastfeeding mothers, it is harder to travel or schedule any other works, especially in the beginning, when your infant feeds more often.
Also Read: Tips To Make Your Baby’s Skin Fair
Is Breast Milk Better Than Formula?
The American Academy of Pediatrics recommends breastfeeding your baby for the first year of life. Breastfeeding is particularly good for premature babies. It has many health benefits for the baby and mother as well. If you can not breastfeed, then formula milk is the best alternative for your baby. Formula milk provides enough nutrients for your baby. The decision between these two is a personal thing. Know the advantages and disadvantages that help to choose the right one for your baby.
Breastmilk or formula milk or a combination of both, whatever the milk, the main thing that you should make sure your baby is well-fed and well cared for. Initially, many mothers might feel uncomfortable while nursing. But with proper support and education, this can be overcome. Breastfeeding vs. Formula Feeding – let us know which one you are giving and what is the amount of milk.