A new mother is always worried about what to eat to increase the milk production to feed her baby. It is important to take in as much variety of food as possible so that the baby will get all essential nutrients, calcium, folate, vitamins, proteins, minerals, etc. Read below to know the list of foods to increase breast milk.
Super Foods To Increase Breast Milk:
It is important to include healthy foods while breastfeeding so that your baby gets enough energy and nutrients. Include these superfoods to increase breast milk quickly.
- Oatmeal: Oatmeal is rich in fiber and iron. You can eat oats for breakfast or make cookies or oats smoothies. One of the best-recommended food to increase breast milk production. It is good for controlling diabetes after delivery as well.
- Unripe Papaya: Green papaya is one of the healthiest fruits to have while breastfeeding boosting milk production. You can have it as a salad or try papaya soup. It has so many nutritional values, which boosts the digestive system.
- Milk: Milk, especially cow’s milk is naturally filled with folic acid, calcium, and healthy fats. It ensures balanced nutrition for your baby. Make sure to drink milk twice a day to guarantee an increase in breast milk production.
- Almonds: This superfood is rich in omega 3 and vitamin E. Good source of nutritional values. Add it to your diet to increase the milk supply. Healthy food for nursing mothers.
- Water: Hydrating your body is essential to increase breast milk supply.
- Carrots: Carrots provide a great boost to lactation and are rich in vitamin A.
- Fenugreek Seeds (Methi): Fenugreek seed herbs have been used to increase the production of breast milk for generations across the world.
Also Read: Formula Milk Vs Breast Milk
Herbs And Seeds To Increase Breast Milk:
Here are some seeds and spices that are not only helping with lactation but also have other benefits for your baby.
- Rich in omega-3 fats, which is important for a baby’s brain development.
- Also, Rich in vitamin B and vitamin C.
- Good source of protein, calcium, and iron.
How To Take:
- Soak the seeds in a glass of water for 7-8 hrs and drink it empty stomach in the morning.
- Try fenugreek Tea, boil 1 tsp of fenugreek seeds in water, strain it and drink it warm.
- Can use fenugreek seeds along with vegetables.
- You can add it to roti and puri.
- It also pairs well with refreshing grapefruit, orange, and mint.
Note: Use fenugreek with caution, If you are prone to asthma or allergies.
Also Read: Tips To Make Your Baby’s Skin Fair
How To Take:
- Soak 1 tablespoon of fennel seeds in a glass of water for one night and drink it in the morning or
- Brew the seeds in your tea.
- Eat 1 tsp of fennel seeds after a meal as the mouth freshener.
- Can be added these seeds to snacks, curries or desserts.
- Fennel is tasty raw, tossed simply with good olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Well known for boosting the immune system, preventing heart disease, and having curative properties.
How To Take:
- You can use garlic in chutneys and curries to enhance the taste.
- Can prepare garlic rice.
Note: Garlic will affect the taste and smell of the breast milk. So, it must be consumed in moderation.
Also Read: Baby Formula Feeding Chart
Green Vegetables To Produce Breast Milk:
Worried about what to eat to increase breast milk? A lot of people advise you the consumption of green leafy vegetables. Here are some such foods to increase lactation in nursing moms.
Also Read: Best Foods For 3 Months Old
Non Vegetarian Foods For Lactation:
Nursing frequently while breastfeeding is important for your baby. Below are some non-veg foods to include in your diet.
Also Read: Best Food Ideas For 6 Months Baby
Other Healthy Foods To Increase Breast Milk:
Keeping your body hydrated and getting enough rest is also important for a nursing mother. Below are some other foods that are thought to significantly help increase lactation and also to keep the nursing mom healthy.
Also Read: Best Foods For 12 Months Babies
While feeding, Increasing breast milk production can be a tricky thing. Along with dietary changes, doctors recommend at least 30 minutes of exercise to help boost the mother’s immunity and help the blood circulate better. Enjoy this bonding time with your little one!