Top 10 Food Ideas For 12 Months Babies
Once you start feeding solid foods to your baby, it is more challenging to have healthy food ideas. Is your baby is ten plus months old and now you are trying to know more food ideas for 12 months babies to feed? Then, here is the article about the top ten food options for ten, eleven, and twelve months old babies.
Best Food Ideas For 12 Months Babies:
Here are some great food ideas for your ten months plus baby to feed.
- Rice Cereals: ¼ to ½ cup rice cereals, it should be mixed thinly.
- Fresh Vegetables: ¼ to ⅓ cup of steamed/well cooked, chopped and mashed vegetables. At the age of 12 months, you can give a variety of cooked vegetables that are cut into small pieces. You can also give cooked beans.
- Fresh Fruits: ¼ to ½ cup soft mashed, fresh fruits. You can introduce one to two ounces of fresh fruit juices.
- Milk: Four to six ounces of breast milk or formula milk (or) 3 ounces of water. You can even replace the formula milk with cow’s milk at 12 months age.
- Pasts or Wholegrains: Snacks: You can give ¼ cup pasta or whole grain snacks, but make sure these are soft foods.
- Chicken: If you want to introduce non-vegetarian foods for your twelve months baby, you can start feeding chicken. Chicken needs to be well-cooked, shredded and it should be soft to eat. 2 to 3 spoons finely chopped meat you can give.
- Dairy: You can also start giving cheese, tofu or yogurt, 3-4 tablespoons. Good food for eleven and twelve months babies.
- Biscuit: You can give one teething biscuit or cracker. If babies are ten to twelve months old, then they can eat on their own. But you be with your baby, while eating.
- Breastfeeding: Along with all solid foods, breastfeeding total of 24 to 30 ounces in a day, in total three to four feedings per day.
- Macaroni and Spaghetti: ¼ to ½ cup mashed macaroni, spaghetti, two times per day.
Check with your pediatrician before starting any solids. Even after starting solid foods, experts suggest continuing breastfeeding the baby until 12 months of age, after that it is as desired by mother and baby.
Also Read: Food Ideas For 6 Months Babies
Are There Any Food To Avoid For Twelve Months Baby?
- Avoid feeding honey until they are one year old.
- Cow’s milk is hard to digest, though it may do your baby body good. Babies below one year, should steer clear of cow’s milk.
- The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) now recommends that fruit juices not be given to babies under 12 months old.
- Do not introduce artificial sweeteners.
Also Read: Food Ideas For 5 Months Babies
Guidelines To Feed Your 10, 11 And 12 Months Baby:
Here are the guidelines that you need to follow before you start any new food for your ten plus months old baby.
- Starting from 10th month, babies can eat half a cup of food three to four times a day along with a healthy snack item.
- Baby can have chopped fruit pieces, instead of mashed fruits.
- You mainly have to concentrate on the nutritional values that are supplied from the food.
- If babies are refusing to eat any new food, do not force them.
- Continue breastfeeding whenever your baby is hungry.
- At 10 to 12 months old, babies may start fruit pieces eating on their own. If they show interest, allow them to eat. Do not give big slices to eat. Very small pieces are to be given. And observe if they are eating and swallowing properly.
- Make things easy by giving homemade foods for your baby.
- Begin with small amounts of new food items, initially half a spoon and then slowly increase to one spoon.
Also Read: How To Make Your Baby Skin Fair?
Babies are naturally attracted to everything that is going to their mouth. If they show interest to eat new food, allow them to eat. But it should not be hard. Mostly the food items should be thinly made, mashed, soft or small pieces. Hope you enjoy reading this article on top food ideas for 12 months babies.