How To Get Pregnant With Twin Babies?
Did you know that nearly one-third of twin babies are identical twins? Though it is a little burden to raise two babies at a time, there are many advantages. Pregnancy delivery pain is unbearable. If you get pregnant with twins, you do not have to bear the pain twice. There are certain things that you can do to have a twin pregnancy. Read this article to know more about how to conceive twin babies.
How To Get Pregnant With Twins?
Monozygotic twins or identical twin pregnancies happen if one egg is fertilized with one sperm. And this gets separated into two embryos. These two share the same placenta and the same genetic things.
Dizygotic twins or non-identical twin pregnancies develop when two eggs are fertilized with two sperms. These two are unique and do not share the same placenta and same genetic things.
Also Read: Symptoms Of Baby Girl During Pregnancy
What Factors Improve Twin Pregnancy?
There are few factors that determine the chances of getting pregnant with twin babies.
- Age Of Pregnant Woman: Older women have more chances of getting twin pregnancies. Age 35 plus women tend to produce more FSH than young women. These hormones improve the chances of getting pregnant with twin babies. But, on the other hand, higher FSH shows declining fertility, which reduces the chances of conceiving pregnant.
- Body Type: If the woman is tall, then the chances of twin pregnancy is more. In one study, BMI of 30 or 30 plus women was nearly 1.5 times more likely to have twin babies than the women in the normal BMI range of 20 to 24.9.
- Geographic locations: According to a study, Nigerian women are more likely to have twins. They have the highest rate of twins at 45-50 twin sets out of 1000 live births, following Central Africa at 18–30 twin sets. Whereas Southeast Asia has the lowest rates of 6 to 9 twin sets per 1,000 live births.
- Family History: Generally non-identical twins do tend to be genetic.
- Diet And Lifestyle: Women who eat more fat-rich foods, dairy foods, and folic acid foods are more likely to get pregnant with twins.
- Fertility Treatments: IVF treatments have an increased number of twins pregnancies, more likely to have identical twins. Certain types of fertility drugs may increase the chances of getting twin pregnancies.
- Breastfeeding: According to Steinman’s study, if you have breastfed your babies from previous pregnancies, there are increased chances to have twins in later pregnancies.
- Women with more pregnancies has the chance to have twins.
Also Read: Best Pregnancy Pillows
Also Read: Pregnancy Symptoms Before Missed Period
Do sex positions help get pregnant with twins?
If the sex position involves separating one egg into two or releasing two eggs, then there are increased chances of conceiving twin pregnancy.
Best Sex Positions To Have Twin Pregnancy:
Here are the best sex positions that may help to get pregnant with twins.
- Side by side or Doggy position
- Standing up position
- Missionary position
- Woman On Top
- The Anvil
Also Read: Symptoms Of Baby Boy During Pregnancy
Effective Fertility Treatments To Have Twins:
There are some fertility treatments that help to get pregnancy with more than one baby.
- Intrauterine Insemination(IUI): IUI method increases the chance of conceiving pregnant with twin babies. Also, the least amount of risk to both the baby and the mother. This method with fertility drugs may help to release more than one egg at a time. This gives you the greatest chance of getting pregnant with more than one baby.
- In-vitro Fertilization(IVF): While the chances of getting twins in normal pregnancy are about 6%, and it is up to 25% with IVF. According to the Human Fertilization and Embryology Authority (HEFA), one out of five pregnancies may result in a pregnancy with more than one baby with IVF. Through this method, multiple embryos inserted into the uterus to have an increased chance of twin pregnancy during IVF.
- Fertility Drugs: Certain fertility drugs help to have released more than one egg, which results in twin pregnancies.
Also Read: Pregnancy Symptoms After Missed Period
Foods To Eat To getting Twin Pregnancy:
A balanced diet is very important to have an increased chance of getting twin pregnancies.
- Must include fruits and vegetables in your diet, at least five portions a day.
- Include starchy foods such as potatoes, rice, pasta, whole grains, and bread in your foods.
- Add protein-rich foods such as eggs, meat, and fish, etc.
- Include dairy foods such as milk, butter, cheese, and yogurt, etc. which are rich in calcium.
- Yams are a very rich source of phytoestrogens and progesterone, and this may lead to hyper-ovulation. This may help to get twin pregnancy.
- Taking a certain quantity of folic acid may increase the chances of having twin babies.
Also Read: Safe Period To Avoid Pregnancy
Twin babies bring you more happiness in your life. If you get pregnant with twins, share with us what food habits you follow, sex positions that helped, or if any fertility treatment is the reason.
One thought on “How To Get Pregnant With Twin Babies?”
This is a very good tip particularly to those fresh to the blogosphere. Simple but very accurate info… Thanks for sharing this one. A must read post!| а
Comments are closed.